Friday, February 17, 2006

Update and stuff

Well things are better now. I've been assured that I will soon be getting more hours at work. YEA!!! I found out the other day that I have been accepted into the nursing program at a community college here in Savannah. Finally.

I don't' feel like a drain anymore. Things feel pretty good actually. I did wake up with a headache again and a sore throat....Hope I'm not getting sick. I think it may just be a side effect of pregnancy but I don't know.

Anyway, it's lovely here in Savannah today. It's a balmy 60 something degrees right now and it's supposed to get up into the 70s! I'm wearing a dress that I got a couple years before I got pregnant LOL it's a linen dress that isn't meant to be worn by pregnant women yet here I am. It fits and it's comfortable and it looks ok to me so that's all that matters. I'm sitting in my apartment eating my bagel and cream cheese and sipping on my hot Chai tea, the kitties are out on the balcony enjoying the weather as well...I assume Harriet is in the bedroom soaking up the cave like atmosphere we have going on in there...

Jack was quite active this morning when I woke up to say goodbye to Travis when he left for work. I fell back to sleep shortly after but he continued his activities. When I finally woke up for the day he was still moving about. He's still now, probably wore himself out doing the cha-cha.

I plan on going into work and purchasing a pre and post natal yoga DVD to start on my way to a fit and tone pregnancy LOL really I"m just getting it so I don't get too fat LOL and I hear it's supposed to help with Labor.

I"m not afraid of what's to come, I know it's going to hurt but I think I'll get thru it. How many women have done it in the past? I mean come on! I know I can do it. I had a dream that the doctors were still getting their gowns on when I birthed my own babe. I was elated and a little pissed that the doctors hadn't done anything. We'll see how it goes LOL it's going to be great in any case!

3 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allright!! I'm glad you'll be getting more hours.

Also, the childbirth thing is not as bad as it seems. You forget all about it once you have that little miracle in your arms!

Have a great day!

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on getting into the nursing program! You are one step closer to your goal! :)

I was so sad to read your post a few days ago about the state of things at the bookstore. I'm so sad to hear that things have gotten so bad. I truly loved working there. I loved the books, I loved the people I worked with, heck, I even liked the managers! I honestly was really sad to leave when we moved, but it sounds like things started to go downhill not too long after that, so I guess maybe I'm glad I left with good memories.

I'm glad you'll be getting more hours, and I hope that maybe the environment will get a little more tolerable for your next couple of months!

 
At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny - you have dreams about unprepared doctors. My dreams were about me playing organ at church and I didn't have my music and couldn't see the hymn board to even know what the hymns were because Brian was in the way. I think most can do the dream interp on that one, it's fairly simple. But just in case... it's an unprepared dream and for some reason, my unconscious felt Brian wasn't helping matters. Hehe

Congrats on nursing stuffs and more hours. I fretted the childbirth part too, and I know lots of people go "natural" now, but I'm still a big fan of demerol and epidural. It also helped that it was the head of the dept who walked in to do the epidural. That was one of my big fears.

However you choose to do it, it'll be great and you'll have that beautiful baby in your arms before you know it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home