Sunday, February 05, 2006

Stray cats, Tours and stuff

Travis and I awoke this morning a few good many times. One time fore sure we know what got us both up. It was a kid (we thought) crying for his mom. Turns out it was cat, a stalky black kitty who's been in a few fights and has a terrible case of kitty conjunctivits in both eyes, least that's what it looks like.

Not sure if he's Kin to my Scamper, seems like he may be. He's small and got those round cheeks, and sweet as can be!! I have not touched him before today, and I washed my hands right after.....He needed it though. He loved it too. I took him some food and then used it as leverage to bring him away from the street, he followed me eagerly, meowing the whole way.

I set the food down and he began to eat happily, and I took that opportunity to get a closer look at him. He has a bunch of scars on his head from fights and a great gash across one ear. The gash looks better now then when I first saw it so that's good. His eyes on the other hand looked the same if not worse. I don't remember his third eyelid being half closed when I saw him before.

My plan for him is to take him to the humane society and get him fixed up. Hopefully he doesn't have feline Leukemia or kitty AIDS....Nothing to do about it anyway. I can't take him in I just want to get him of the "streets" and into a good loving home. I think he'd make a great pet.

Anyway he woke us up this morning meandering thru our complex wailing at the top of his voice, which oddly sounds like a little kid. I tried to call him from our upstairs window but he ran away. We went back to bed, and I started crying because I couldn't help him lol. Travis told me we'd take him food when we left for breakfast this morning....That made me feel a little better.

We got up about and hour and a half later and got ready to go. I took Harriet out for her morning stroll and there he was, sitting way down the street yeowling so morosely. Harriet and I went back inside and I grabbed food in a disposal container for him. I saw a little black cat with no tail ont eh way up to get the food, he was for sure Scamps litter mate, no doubt! Same size same green eyes.

So I took the food to the grizzled old black cat, he was more friendly and ran towards me when I called him. The little one ran away.

Ok so then Tom (the older grizzled kitty) ate his fill then walked away meowing loudly again. Next time I see him I'll catch him and take him to the Humane society.

Later today Travis and I are going to the hospital for a "Tea and Tour" of the maternity ward we will be welcoming our Jack in in May/June. I think it's kind of a neat idea giving parents the chance to see where they will be and what the facilities are like, reduces stress and all that. Plus I think we'll be bale to meet people who are about as far along, if not more so, than we are. People who may be in our childbirth class. And that's cool, because then we may make some new friends.

On to stuff.....Jessica, Lisa and I all went to find dresses for Lisa and I to wear to Jessica's wedding. The first place we went to was close, which was a bummer but oh well I heard those ladys were snooty. The second place we went was super busy, but we found what we were looking for!!!
We decided on separates, I tried on the skirt and top and it looked great. Or will after it gets altered ;) I have to pull the skirt up to just about under my boobs for it to encompass my belly, I ordered one size up since I know I"ll be bigger in a couple months. Lisa will be doing the same although we're not sure to what extent since she didn't' show with her first.

Monday is our next Doctors visit and we should be getting new pictures of Jack. Its also our first visit with my new OBGYN. Dr Micheal J Jackson.

no joke.

But I've heard great things about him, so it should be great. Mostly I'm looking forward to seeing Jack on screen again. Lately I've been waking up in the middle of the night on my back and having irrational thoughts of his being harmed by my bad sleeping position. I'm sure he fine though, the other day he kept me quite entertained doing somersaults I could see, like some scene out of Alien, Aliens or the like.

He's been quite today though. He'll perk up later. Perhaps he's a bit sad like me because of Tom and my inability to help him today (nothing is open to take him) I think he'll be quite an empathic baby...Most are though aren't they?

Oh well that's it for now, I'll post more later!

1 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, I SWEAR that I rang up Dr. Michael J Jackson when I worked at the bookstore! I remember because I looked at his credit card and ID and thought, "man, what a name, you poor guy!" That makes me laugh! :)

Heidi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home