Thursday, January 19, 2006

Strange Rant

You know, I've known for quite a while now that I'm going to have a baby. I've known for a month that that baby is going to be a boy. It's not just hitting me now that this is all happening to me, I just really thought about it last night.

Travis asked me while we were brushing our teeth, "Is it weird to know you have a human being growing inside you?" I think I said "No, not really" right away. Then I elaborated....I won't regale you on that cause it was garbled by the toothbrush. However, I thought about it more and more after we had crawled into bed and turned out the lights.

I feel like I've been pregnant for a long time, even before I was pregnant. I feel like this is just the way it's supposed to be. I do think it's weird how Jack feels sometimes, like a squirmy alien at times, but other times I know what he's doing.

Being pregnant has been something I've wanted for a loooooong time. No, at first it wasn't what I expected, being sick constantly for a few months was not fun. Even Mom and Paige say they weren't as sick as I was but I wouldn't trade it....Well unless I knew the outcome would be the same.
It feels completely natural for me. I keep thinking about how happy I'll be when Jack is born, I'll tell him I've been waiting and waiting for him for so long.

I'm sure I'll cry. At least I think I will. I thought I'd cry at my wedding but I didn't. I was so happy but still I didn't cry. I felt like we had been married and this was just a performance. Maybe it'll be the same when Jack is born.

I feel more connected to all things now. Maybe that's just my hormones. I felt compelled to buy Diapers the other day. Nesting perhaps?

I'm hungry......

1 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Blogger Beverly McAlister said...

that is so awesome! i counsel girls every week who aren't sure if they want to have their babies, then some decide to have ultrasounds done and immediately thier bad sutuation fades and all they can say is "hello" to their little baby, i'm so happy for you! and jack is one lucky little boy to have a mom who has longed for him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home