Monday, May 08, 2006

9 month belly shots, Lake Mayer, most recent doctors visit






Yesterday, Travis and I took a break from nesting to get some lunch (Mmmm Moes) then we went to Lake Mayer to take a few belly shots. When we got there it was a super bright sunny day. After we crossed the bridge, we heard what sounded like giant mosquito's buzzing around and went to investigate.

Turns out there was a group of people having an RC race. It was pretty neat to watch, they had a neat track set up with lots of hills for the little cars to jump. They really flew over those hills too, really kicked up the dust.
After watching the race for a little bit in the sun we decided to take the pictures and go.

We started walking back to the bridge and noticed a huge thunderhead and heard rumblings of thunder. We took a few pictures and watched the little ducks and not so little geese waddling and swimming around. There was one group of geese with a gaggle of goslings, they were soooo cute!!!

There was also four ducks swimming around in the lake near where we were, unfortunately we didn't get pictures of them.....One of them was red or kind of pinkish there was a blue one, an orange one and a green one. We guess someone dyed them those colors for Easter.....These weren't natural duck colors.....Unless they were hatched under the Easter bunny, in a brightly colored woven basket filled with plastic green grass.

It started sprinkling and we made our way back to the car. It's a good thing Travis is experiencing the nesting instinct, because I certainly don't feel it. I feel like I should be cleaning but I'm just to tired to do it. He's the one that's done most of the cleaning, we set up our Pack and Play together and then moved into the bedroom.

While Travis went through our junk in the closet, I sat on the bed and folded more Jack clothes and put them into drawers. When I finished with that I decided to set up our Baby Einstein rocker chair. It's probably been the most difficult thing to put together but I did it!!

Today we went for our doctors visit and had our second to last ultrasound. We don't have any pictures because Jack in in position to be born....All we got to see that we could recognize was his hand and a foot. The Sonographer told us Jack is measuring at a very healthy 5 lbs 13oz, he's got enough amniotic fluid and he's looking very very healthy.

Then we went in to see the doctor and he did a Group B Strep test, then an internal exam. Dr Jackson informed Travis and I that I am 1 centimeter dilated. That doesn't mean that I'm in labor it just means that it can be anytime now really!!! It's very exciting....I know it's only one centimeter and I could be there for a couple weeks but I'm only just nine months (Wednesday). The doctor didn't say what station Jack was either but I'll ask next time....

That's it for now!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home