Saturday, April 29, 2006

Ok THIS is the last B&N post

Just to update everyone on what's happened... I've been reinstated, "allowed" to return to work he said. There wasn't an apology, they still feel like it was all my fault what happened.....However, I'm getting back pay for the days I was scheduled to work, plus the hours I was scheduled to work this past week, plus the hours I spent in this last meeting...AND more hours!!!

"MORE HOURS!?!" I hear you say.

Yes, I am finally getting more hours like I requested almost THREE months ago.


Does it seem to you all like they are back peddling? Seems like it to us too.
I told them through the whole meeting that I was fed up and didn't want to work there anymore. Multiple times. Yet at the end of the meeting I was told I'd be "put on the schedule for next week."

We figure now, it's better this way. I'll leave when I'M good and ready to leave, NOT when they want me to leave. HA!

I will be very careful to not give them another excuse to write me up or put me on suspension. But, on Monday I'm going to go to the EEOC and let them know what's going on, in case they do try something like this again. Also to start a record of this for future mom's to be who work at the store.

Travis and I are very happy with the way things have worked out though. He says he's very proud of the way I've handled it, by sticking to my guns and not being run off like all the other people before....Not that they didn't have a right to just leave with all the crap they went through.

I feel proud of myself too, but it makes me love him even more when he says that too me :)

My husband's the best!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home