Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Tea and a Baby shower

Hi everyone!! Sorry for the long silence blogwise. This past weekend family came into town to participate in my baby shower and Jessica's bridal tea. My mother came down form Toronto, Travis' mother come over from Houston, and Paige, Theron, and Sylvie all came down from Boston.

It was so nice to see everyone!! We had a great time walking around downtown and going out to eat. Sylvie is just the sweetest most adorable little girl ever born!!! She's smart and funny and cute and I could go on and on and on about her....She's the best!!!

It's always fun to see people you haven't seen in a while. What's even better is that we all get along! I'm so lucky to have the best mother in law ever, and that she and my mom get along so well...It's like we've always known each other. Donna has adopted Sylvie as her grandchild as well....So Sylvie is super lucky to have THREE grandmas who will love her forever and spoil her rotten, much to the chagrin of Paige and Theron....Good thing they all live far away from her.

Paige and Theron before the moved were Travis and my best friends. Not that they aren't now it's just different. We spent lots of time playing games and talking, and eating. Theron makes this really kick ass Chili....
Anyway, it was so much fun to see them again!! We really miss them. What'll be neat is that after Jack is born we'll have one more thing in common being parents.

Jessica's bridal tea was really really nice!! We were a bit late getting there but we had a great time when we got there. We were up on the little stage area and Jessica's future Sister in law Sara was there with Matt's Grandmothers Florence and Carolyn. We had the High Tea which consisted of Cucumber and Cream cheese sandwiches and Ham with sweet honey butter sandwiches, Petit fours, fruit and scones. After we ate, Jessica opened her presents. She was given a pretty picture frame and pretty necklace and a few oil candles. All nice stuff!!

After the Tea we went across the street to the square and took pictures. Then we all headed on our ways to prepare for my baby shower.

Jessica and Paige planned my baby shower. It was AWESOME!!! They had this super cool cake that tasted really good. And a yummy yummy punch. We played a bunch of fun games like Baby A to Z where you had to think of things pertaining to baby that started with letters of the alphabet (eg. A is for aspirator B is for Bottle and so on) that was a lot harder than we all thought it would be. Then we all raced to see who could drink the water out of baby bottles. I didn't get far because I was laughing so much!!

I got loads and loads of good stuff!!! More than I can list but my favorites were a Diaper bag from Jessica, and Giant stuffed Nemo from Travis which was a big surprise...Oh I just loved all of the gifts. Tons and tons of clothes....Which we've been telling people we aren't going to buy because of all the clothes we know we'll be given... The gifts were all fun and practical, and I love them all!! Now I have to find a place for all of it!!

We got a lot of gifts from people before the party like the super awesome bedding set we found and registered for in Houston. My mom got that for us. OOH we also got this really cool Mobile that plays music and throws wave like reflections on the walls.....And there's this button that when you push it the little fish inside swims around and bubbles issue from the bottom and glitter blows around LOL it's just a neat neat mobile.

I could go on and on forever!! The best part of course was having everyone here. I'll be seeing them all again soon. Thanks you guys for making you way here I know it wasn't easy but you did it for me and I love you all for coming!!!

Thanks to everyone who sent presents as well!! I love you all too!! Thank you notes will be on their way shortly!! Pictures will be posted soon as well!!



After the party I was super tired!! We came back to the apartment and just hung out.

1 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Manda,
I'm the lucky one, to have you for a daughter-in-law, and to have the family we are so blessed to have! I had a wonderful time, too! See you all soon!
Love lots, Donna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home