Tuesday, October 03, 2006

New Friends and loving Jack

Oh I've made a friend!! A real adult friend!!! Her name is Liz and she has a daughter named Caitlin, and they live near me and Liz has this super cool minivan!! Yes I said Minivan, I want one now, it's just soooo cool!

Ok I've got that out of my system. It's so nice to get out and do stuff with other moms. Today Liz and I and the kids went to the "SuperMall" in Auburn. It's about and hour and a half away I guess (I have no concept of time). It was an event planned by our walk and exercise moms group, I think we did a bit more shopping than actual exercising to be honest but we all had fun.

The weather has turned chilly here, the trees that change color have already started changing. We've had to have the heaters on the past couple of nights, and I bought some warmer clothes for Jack to wear at the mall today.

Jack has started teething, I think three are coming in at once poor kid. While I was pregnant, people kept telling me I was going to love this kid like no one else, that it would be incredibly overwhelming. I love Jack so much I feel sometimes like I'll burst, sometimes I end up crying because I'm so happy. Thing is, that is how I feel about everyone I love. If I think about one person and about all the happiness and joy they've given me I get that feeling, like bursting and just unimaginable love.

I think if someone I loved were threatened I could move heaven and earth to help them. When I was in Boston visiting Paige and Theron after Sylvie was born, Paige and I were on the subway. I saw everyone on that car as a threat to Sylvie and imagined what I'd do if someone snatched her. In that case I could fly and had super strength.

I feel that way about Jack too, of course! I think I just love everyone the same, but in different ways if that makes sense. I love Jack just like I love everyone, but like no one else. I knew having him would be as wonderful as it is to have him, everything is just as I expected. I say this even though Jack is teething and crying and crying almost inconsolably.

Thank the maker for Orajel ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home