Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Happy Birthday to me.

Oh well the day started off nicely! I took travis to work and Paige and I had planned on going to the mall and her buying my birthday present. I got home and paige had made coffee and we started watching Moonstruck while Sylvie took her mid morning/afternoon nap. We got a phone call and it was Travis telling me the company he worked for is no longer.....As in he is no longer employed.

I'm waiting for the punch line of the joke, but it never comes. Travis asked me to come get him in about an hour as he needs to back up some stuff on his computer at work. OK I'll be there in an hour.

So now I seriously think my birthday is cursed!! I'm thinking of never again acknowledging my birthday ever again!! Bad things happen on my birthday, course there was a lull in between this bad thing and the last bad thing......Course the last bad thing was a really bad thing.....

Anywhoo, while we were shocked at this sudden loss of a job we both feel that this is just leading to an even better job with better pay and better benefits. So we aren't too worried, honestly I did freak out a bit but only on the inside. I figure we wouldn't have been moved here for no reason, we are here for a reason.

But why do these things have to happen on my birthday?
To illustrate how wonderful my husband is to me, his explanation:

Bad things happen on your birthday because when you were born it was the best day ever, it was the most wonderful thing to happen, so to bring balance back to the universe a few bad things have to happen.

OMG! How wonderful and sweet is my Travis!!!

It's been a couple days since I wrote the last, Theron one of our most excellent brothers in law found a job posting on a website called Craigslist and sent the link to Travis.

Travis e3mailed them and they called back the following morning....Travis has an interview tomorrow at 3. Fingers crossed he gets it!!!!

1 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree, your Travis is wise and wonderful! I'm sure all your future birthdays will be the best!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home