Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Question

Let me preface this first. I have a friend, a very close friend, almost a sister...Who went with me a couple of weeks ago to get some blood drawn for my pregnancy labs. She went with me because I wasn't sure how much blood they'd take, and I had been feeling pretty light headed already, and I wasn't sure if it would be safe for me to drive myself.

She's a good friend and of course she went with me. Afterward I was feeling pretty sick and light headed, so she took me to get something to eat (which I paid for since she was so nice in driving me around and taking care of me.) Then we went back to her house and ate and talked for a while. I was pretty tired but after eating felt confident that I could drive myself home, before I left I told her thank you again for going with me and I'd call her the next day and maybe we could do something...After my Chiropractors appointment I almost forgot about it.

Well I went to my Chiro appointment and after my adjustment I felt really tired, like the adjustment had released all the stress I had been holding in and once it was out I was just exhausted. Then I made my way home. On the way I would drive past my place of work. Since I've been having problems with a manager there I wanted to talk to my direct manager and let her know what was going on, just a quick stop off then back home. She had a lot to say, some of which I didn't really trust, which furthered my feeling of tiredness.

I got home around 11:30 and called an old manager who doesn't work for the company anymore but who's opinion I greatly value, and left him a message to please call me when he got the chance. Then I called the complaint line for our company and made my complaint.

After that I was completely out of it, I wanted nothing to do but sleep, I was incapable of doing anything but sleep. So I slept. I slept until about 4 pm. When I woke up I didn't remember what day it was and I didn't even know what time it was, then the phone rang. It was my old manager calling me with his advice. Shortly after hanging up with him my friend called. She said : "You were supposed to call me today" I said "OH I comp" then she interrupted me saying "I don't know why you think it's ok to be mean to me, I'm tired of it and I don't' think I want to talk to you anymore."

CLICK

What I was going to say was Oh I completely forgot I'm sooooo sorry!!! Which I was, I felt terrible. But I've never been mean to her, so I don't know what exactly she's tired of. I thought at first it was a joke and that she'd call right back laughing and say she was pregnant (she's been wanting to get pregnant) but nothing happened. Well I called back later and her husband also a friend of mine answered the phone. I told him that I was sorry and that would she take the phone for me to say it and he said she wouldn't. I explained that I was really tired and my mind was on problems at work and that I had forgotten and felt really terrible about it, he said he didn't want to get in the middle of it.

So I called again the next day and left a message on their machine. No one called back no one answered. I called again frustrated that such a close friend, someone who considers me like a sister, would throw our friendship away so easily, and not give me a chance to apologize or even explain.

After all I've done to try to get her to talk to me and she's made no effort to, I figured today I'd try again. I called her husband, to see how he's doing and he told me he's talked to her about it and her mother (who was recently in town) talked to her (told her she was being harsh.) He thinks I should go over to their house and talk to her, she may not talk back but she'll listen he tells me.

So my question is Should I go over there or not? I mean I don't need this kind of stress in my condition. Why doesn't she understand that I'm human and I might make mistakes sometimes?

Am I wrong for feeling the way I do about this? I mean it came out of no where. I feel completely blindsided, hurt, disappointed, and used. I'm a little emotional, and I was cleaning so this is all just pouring out of me...
I'm sorry I wanted to keep this blog light but I'd really like to get other peoples opinion of what I should do.

2 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's that you say? You had a long, tiring day and you fell asleep? You rotten person! :-P

Seriously, I think your "friend" needs to grow up. You're pregnant and working two jobs - talk about exhaustion! Falling asleep and forgetting to call when you said you would is not exactly a mortal sin, and holding a grudge over it? So middle school.

My advice? Wait her out, and find other things to do with your time and energy. Easier said than done, I know, but if she truly values the friendship she'll come to her senses. If not, she's an idiot.

Whatever happens, you are one of the sweetest, kindest, most compassionate people on this planet. Anyone who can claim you as a friend is a lucky human being.

Much love to you, Travis and the Blobby One!

 
At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, my first question is, since when does the day end at 4pm? I mean, as far as I'M concerned, you could have still had plans to call her. She called YOU already angry when you hadn't even had a chance to NOT call her yet.

My thoughts? The easiest way to decide how best to proceed with a situation involving family or friends is this: Imagine that your situation is that of a friend and the guy she just started dating, and think of what advice you would give her. (Ok, the pregnancy thing throws a monkey wrench into that, but just pretend it was some other medical thing!)

What I'm getting at is, you should never allow people to walk all over or mistreat you, no matter how long you've known each other. It's never Ok. It sounds like she is harboring some sort of resentment over you being pregnant and she not...yet. But still, I agree with Chloe...SPACE. And she is the one who owes YOU the apology, not vice versa.

Good luck... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home